This subject contains a 6 day Compulsory Residential School.
The residential school helps to develop the student's ability to assess the sensory features of a wide range of wines through tutored tastings given by an industry specialist.
- Compare wine sensory features across a range of countries of origin, styles and qualities with reference, where relevant, to systems of quality assessment and assurance used in Europe.
- Extend the student's ability to assess Australian wine by examination of wine styles and varieties that are not presented in the earlier subject WSC210 or WSC216 Sensory Science.
- Develop the student's awareness of wine faults and taints.
- Develop the student's experience of judging wine quality and of using the Australian wine show system of scoring.
- Assessment of the student's ability to judge wine quality.
The residential school requirement totals 6 days. Students will attend 3 days at the mid-year residential school period and the other 3 days at the session 2 mid-session residential school period.