BSc LaTrobe, MAppSc RMIT, PhD CSturt
After completing a BSc at Latrobe University, where he majored in chemistry/biochemistry, Dr Doran commenced postgraduate studies at RMIT University, Melbourne, achieving a MAppSc in inorganic analytical spectroscopy. He then worked for a short period as a laboratory chemist with CSIRO, Melbourne, before enrolling at Charles Sturt University to undertake a PhD investigating the fate of pesticides in rice bays.
On meeting PhD requirements Dr Doran was appointed Lecturer in chemistry at CSU's School of Science and Technology, (now the School of Agricultural and Wine Sciences).
Dr Doran teaches first year chemistry, second year analytical chemistry and third year instrumental analysis.
1.Rendle, D.I., Doran G.S., Ireland J.L., Edwards S.H. (Under Review) Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of pergolide mesylate following oral administration in horses to horses with pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction. Domestic Animal Endocrinology.
2. du Preez, S., Raidal S.L., Doran G.S., Prescott M., Hughes K.J. (2018) Exhaled breath condensate hydrogen peroxide, pH and leukotriene B4 are associated with lower airway inflammation and airway cytology in the horse. Equine Veterinary Journal.
3. Doran, G.S., Howitt J.A. (2018) The bioaccessibility of drug residues on common police station work surfaces. Journal of Analytical Toxicology.
4. Doran, G.S., Condon J.R., Kaveney B.F. (2018) Rapid analysis of the nitrification inhibitor 3,4-dimethylpyrazole phosphate in soil using LC-MS/MS. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 98, 606-621
5. Robertson, S.M., Friend M.A., Doran G.S., Edwards S. (2018) Caffeine supplementation of ewes during lambing may increase lamb survival. animal, 12, 376-382.
6. Flakelar, C.L., Doran G.S., Howitt J.A., Luckett D.J., Prenzler P.D. (2018) Effects of storage temperature and duration on bioactive concentrations in the seed and oil of Brassica napus (canola). European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, 120, 1700335-n/a.
7. Doran, G.S., Smith A.K., Rothwell J.T., Edwards S.H. (2018) Direct detection of glucuronide metabolites of lidocaine in sheep urine. Journal of Chromatography B, 1076, 84-90.
8. Doran, G.S., Deans R., De Filippis C., Kostakis C., Howitt J.A. (2018) Air Quality Inside Police Drug Safes and Drug Storage Areas. Journal of Analytical Toxicology, 42, 360-364.
9. Doran, G.S., Deans R., De Filippis C., Kostakis C., Howitt J.A. (2018) Corrigendum to "The presence of licit and illicit drugs in police stations and their implications for workplace drug testing" [Forensic Sci. Int. 278C (2017) 125-136]. Forensic Science International.
10. Flakelar, C.L., Prenzler P.D., Luckett D.J., Howitt J.A., Doran G. (2017) A rapid method for the simultaneous quantification of the major tocopherols, carotenoids, free and esterified sterols in canola (Brassica napus) oil using normal phase liquid chromatography. Food Chemistry, 214, 147-155.
11. Flakelar, C.L., Howitt J.A., Prenzler P.D., Doran G., Coombes N., Luckett D.J. (2017) A multiphase experiment for the analysis of bioactive compounds in canola oil: Sources of error from field and laboratory. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 162, 55-64.
12. du Preez, S., Raidal S.L., Doran G.S., Nielsen S.G., Hughes K.J. (2017) The consistency and influence of environmental and animal factors on exhaled breath condensate hydrogen peroxide, pH and leukotriene B4 in horses. The Veterinary Journal, 226, 46-50.
13. Doran, G.S., Deans R.M., De Filippis C., Kostakis C., Howitt J.A. (2017) Quantification of licit and illicit drugs on typical police station work surfaces using LC-MS/MS. Analytical Methods, 9, 198-210.
14. Doran, G.S., Deans R., De Filippis C., Kostakis C., Howitt J.A. (2017) The presence of licit and illicit drugs in police stations and their implications for workplace drug testing. Forensic Science International, 278, 125-136.
15. Doran, G.S., Deans R., De Filippis C., Kostakis C., Howitt J.A. (2017) Work place drug testing of police officers after THC exposure during large volume cannabis seizures. Forensic Science International, 275, 224-233.
16. Stevens, M.M., Mo J., Warren G.N., Doran G.S. (2016) Evaluation of potential biocides for control of the earthworm Eukerria saltensis (Oligochaeta: Ocnerodrilidae), a pest of rice in southern Australia. Crop Protection, 84, 159-167.
17. Rendle, D.I., Hughes K.J., Doran G.S., Edwards S.H. (2015) Pharmacokinetics of pergolide after intravenous administration to horses. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 76, 155-160.
18. Flakelar, C.L., Luckett D.J., Howitt J.A., Doran G., Prenzler P.D. (2015) Canola (Brassica napus) oil from Australian cultivars shows promising levels of tocopherols and carotenoids, along with good oxidative stability. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 42, 179-186.
19. Doran, G.S., Bradbury L.A. (2015) Quantitation of the anaesthetic xylazine in ovine plasma by LC–MS/MS. Journal of Chromatography B, 997, 81-84.
20. Dodd, J.A., Doran G., Harris P., Noble G.K. (2015) Oral magnesium supplementation alters blood and urine electrolyte concentrations in horses. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 35, 409-410.
21. Dodd, J.A., Doran G., Harris P., Noble G.K. (2015) Magnesium aspartate supplementation and reaction speed response in horses. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 35, 401-402.
22. Stevens, M.M., Doran G., Mo J. (2014) Efficacy and environmental fate of copper sulphate applied to Australian rice fields for control of the aquatic snail Isidorella newcombi. Crop Protection, 63, 48-56.
23. Doran, G., Stevens M.M. (2014) Simultaneous determination of niclosamide and its degradates in water by LC-MS/MS. Analytical Methods, 6, 6871-6877.
24. Adjonu, R., Doran G., Torley P., Agboola S. (2014) Formation of whey protein isolate hydrolysate stabilised nanoemulsion. Food Hydrocolloids, 41, 169-177.
25. Adjonu, R., Doran G., Torley P., Agboola S. (2014) Whey protein peptides as components of nanoemulsions: A review of emulsifying and biological functionalities. Journal of Food Engineering, 122, 15-27.
26. Doran, G., Hughes K., Rendle D., Edwards S. (2013) The analysis of pergolide residues in horse plasma by LC with fluorescence detection. Journal of Aoac International, 96, 1487-1493.
27. Adjonu, R., Doran G., Torley P., Agboola S. (2013) Screening of whey protein isolate hydrolysates for their dual functionality: Influence of heat pre-treatment and enzyme specificity. Food Chemistry, 136, 1435-1443.
28. Doran, G., Zander A. (2012) An improved method for measuring soil microbial activity by gas phase flow injection analysis. Revista Brasileira De Ciencia Do Solo, 36, 349-357.
29. Stevens, M.M., Burdett A.S., Mudford E.M., Helliwell S., Doran G. (2011) The acute toxicity of fipronil to two non-target invertebrates associated with mosquito breeding sites in Australia. Acta Tropica, 117, 125-130.
30. Doran, G., Eberbach P., Helliwell S. (2009) Sorption and Degradation of Fipronil in Flooded Anaerobic Rice Soils. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 57, 10296-10301.