PhD (UNE), BRurSc (UNE), GradDipAgEcon (UNE)
Karl was a lecturer/senior lecturer in Agribusiness at Charles Sturt University from 2008-2018 in the School of Agricultural and Wine Sciences, and currently maintains a fractional appointment as a Senior Research Fellow with the Graham Centre.
Since January 2018 Karl has been the Elizabeth Creak Chair in Agri-Tech Economic Modelling at Harper Adams University in the UK where he is leading interdisciplinary research teams and working with industry, government and other research institutions to provide economic intelligence and agri-tech solutions for UK and global agriculture and value chains.
Prior to joining CSU Karl operated an agricultural consulting firm for 8 years, which serviced rural clients, and conducted research and extension activities throughout the central west of NSW. Karl has also previously been employed as an agricultural consultant, a rural financial counsellor, farm management advisory officer at Tocal Agricultural College, and as an economist with the NSW Department of Primary Industries.
1. Godfrey, S.S.; Wynn, P.C.; Ramsey, G.; Behrendt, K.; Nordblom, T.L.; Aslam, N. (2018). Analysis of agribusiness value chains servicing small-holder dairy farming communities in Punjab, Pakistan: three case studies. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, pp 18. doi: https://doi.org/10.22434/IFAMR2017.0122
2. Amidy, M.R.; Behrendt, K.; Badgery, W.B. (2017). Assessing the profitability of native pasture grazing systems: a stochastic whole-farm modelling approach. Animal Production Science, 57(9) (June 2017), 1859-1868. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/AN16678
3. Luo, Q.; Behrendt, K.; Bange, M. (2017). Economics and risk of adaptation options in the Australian cotton industry. Agricultural Systems, 150 (January 2017), 46-53. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agsy.2016.09.014
4. Behrendt, K.; Cacho, O.; Scott, J.M.; Jones, R. (2016). Using seasonal stochastic dynamic programming to identify optimal management decisions that achieve maximum economic sustainable yields from grasslands under climate risk. Agricultural Systems, 145 (June 2016), 13-23. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agsy.2016.03.001
5. Behrendt, K.; Cacho, O.; Scott, J.M.; Jones, R. (2013). Optimising pasture and grazing management decisions on the Cicerone Project farmlets over variable time horizons. Animal Production Science, 53(8), 796-805. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/AN11174
6. Behrendt, K.; Scott, J.M.; Cacho, O.; Jones, R. (2013). Simulating the impact of fertiliser strategies and prices on the economics of developing and managing the Cicerone Project farmlets under climatic uncertainty. Animal Production Science, 53(8), 806-816. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/AN11173