Put your best foot forward with Stepping into Statistics which will prepare you for subjects such as Business Statistics QBM117, Business Data Analysis QBM120, Scientific Statistics STA201, Mathematics and Statistics in Health Sciences MTH135 and Research Methods in Clinical Sciences HLT330.
In this subject, you will cover:
- Calculator skills;
- Introductory algebra;
- Introductory probability;
- Sigma notation;
- Straight line graphs ;
- Descriptive statistics; and,
- An introduction to linear regression.
You will complete 14 hours of self-paced, online learning with support and feedback from your subject coordinator as you build your skills and confidence in statistics.
Please note that there is a new Study Link subject that covers basic numeracy skills – ‘Basic Mathematics Skills’ (SSS027)
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|201915||294||SSS014||Stepping Into Statistics||Online||Orange||5/11/2018||1/02/2019||3/05/2019|
|201945||200||SSS014||Stepping Into Statistics||Online||Orange||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
|201975||285||SSS014||Stepping Into Statistics||Online||Orange||24/06/2019||20/09/2019||20/12/2019|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Colin Glanville
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Teaching and Education