If the course you’re about to study includes some mathematics or maths-related study, this subject will boost your confidence before you start your degree.
The subject provides a refresher on the foundations of mathematics and will help you upskill on topics including arithmetic, algebra, functions, trigonometry and problem solving. This is a great prep subject for Foundation Mathematics – MTH 100.
Topics covered include basic mathematics skills, algebra, graphs and functions, measurement, geometry, trigonometry, finance, and probability.
You will complete 26 hours of online self-paced learning with the support and feedback of your subject coordinator as you build your skills and confidence in general mathematics.
Please note that there is a new Study Link subject that covers basic numeracy skills – ‘Basic Mathematics Skills’ (SSS027)
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 26 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Nicolle Sachs
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies