Beginning a course of university study can be daunting, particularly if you haven’t studied for a while. This subject will give you an introduction to our online learning environment. Transition to University Study (SSS021) aims to ensure your academic and professional skills are at university level.
You’ll learn how to organise your time efficiently, write essays and reports and generally prepare for the variety of assessment processes at CSU.
Topics covered in this subject include:
- Learning at University;
- Organising yourself and your time;
- Reading and note taking for university study;
- Writing at university; and,
- Passing exams.
This subject will take around 30 hours to complete. You will have the support of your friendly subject coordinator who will give you feedback and assistance. Build valuable skills and confidence before you start your degree.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 30 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Roy Sanders
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Science
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies