Master the mechanics of academic language and learn how to produce convincing and accurate essays and reports! Grammar Essentials for Writing at University aims to develop the knowledge and skills of students in the fundamental area of grammatical accuracy in academic writing.
In this subject, you will learn about the role of grammar in communication and speech, features of effective writing, correct punctuation, how to construct grammatically correct sentences, and where to find help.
Topics covered in this subject include:
- The role of grammar in academic writing;
- Parts of speech;
- Sentence structure;
- Correct punctuation;
- Writing a grammatically correct sentence;
- Features of effective writing; and
- Finding help and resources.
This subject requires around 30 hours of self-paced, online learning. Your subject coordinator will support you and give feedback as you build your skills and confidence in using correct grammar.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 30 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Kathryn Koromilas
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural & Wine Science
- Allied Health
- Animal & veterinary Sciences
- Communication & Creative Industries
- Environmental Science & Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise & Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work & Human Services
- Information & Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing & Mathematics
- Medical Science
- Policing, Security & Emergency Management
- Teaching & Education
- Theology & Religious Studies