If you're a recent TAFE/VET student entering CSU, this workshop will give you the background and skills required for successful uni study. In addition to this, you will benefit from face-to-face interaction with your subject coordinator (and fellow students) at our intensive weekend workshop. Even if you're coming to university from a non TAFE/VET background, this workshop can be a valuable introduction to university life and study!
Topics you will cover over the weekend include:
- Academic expectations;
- University structure and support systems;
- Academic literacy;
- Transition to theoretical and critical thinking; and,
- On-line learning and information literacy.
Study Link Intensive weekend workshops are completely self-contained - there are no pre or post workshop activities to complete. Enrol and come along for a valuable two days of learning!
Please note: From February 2018 onwards, this workshop will be held at United Theological College (UTC), North Parramatta campus. Please see the workshops page for workshop dates and more information.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|201945||224||SSS033||Transition from TAFE/VET||Face-to-face||United Theological College||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Anne Clark
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies