An ideal way to get ready to study at uni!
If you’ve got TAFE or VET experience or haven’t studied formally for a long time, this face to face workshop is the perfect way to get you ready for university.
You’ll spend an intensive two days with your subject coordinator getting to know how university study works and learning all the skills you need to kick off your university course on the front foot. Plus, you'll meet fellow students who are preparing to embark on the same journey as you, so you'll be able to share experiences, knowledge and ideas for the future - you may even meet students enrolled in the same degree as you!
Topics covered across the two days of this workshop include:
- academic expectations and university culture
- academic literacy and language
- effective assessment preparation
- information literacy
- online learning skills and processes
- organising yourself and your time
- reading and interpreting information
- teaching and learning at university
- theoretical, critical and reflective thinking
- university structure and support systems.
There are no pre or post workshop activities to complete for this subject, and you will receive your workshop materials at the start of each day of the workshop.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202015||408||SSS087||Getting Ready for Uni Study||Internal||United Theological College||4/11/19||31/1/20||1/5/20|
|202045||289||SSS087||Getting Ready for Uni Study||Internal||United Theological College||17/2/20||5/6/20||14/8/20|
|202075||430||SSS087||Getting Ready for Uni Study||Internal||United Theological College||22/6/20||18/9/20||18/12/20|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: tbc
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Science
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic Studies