Enhance your academic writing skills with our intensive face-to-face academic writing skills workshop. You will learn the broad academic categories of style and structure, with a focus on complexity and formality, referencing, punctuation, grammar, as well as writing an essay introduction, body, and conclusion.
During our face-to-face weekend workshop you will cover the following topics:
- Formality in academic writing;
- Complexity in academic writing;
- Writing essay introductions and conclusions;
- Writing body paragraphs;
- Integrating sources and paraphrasing; and,
- APA style referencing.
Our workshop provides a valuable opportunity to ask questions and interact with your subject coordinator and other students. We'll provide you with online support and feedback following the workshop.
Please refer to the Workshops page for more information on application closing dates, workshop locations and more.
SSS031 is only delivered as a face-to-face intensive weekend workshop. SSS067: Essay Writing - Style and Structure is a variation of this content and is only offered online. You will only need to enrol in one of these subjects as the content is very similar.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|201945||223||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Face-to-face||United Theological College||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
|201945||267||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Face-to-face||Bathurst||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
|201945||268||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Face-to-face||Wagga||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
|201975||322||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Face-to-face||United Theological College||24/06/2019||20/09/2019||20/12/2019|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Min Jung Jang
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic studies