Breeze through the essays you have to complete at uni with Study Link’s three essay writing subjects.
This first subject in this Essay Writing series, Essay Writing 1 – Style, will develop your formal writing skills through a focus on style. You’ll learn the basics of grammar, formality and developing complexity in academic writing, punctuation and APA referencing.
You’ll also engage in practice activities, deconstruct text, and complete short online tests that develop your confidence and understanding. We recommend that after completing this subject you progress to Essay Writing 2 – Structure and then Essay Writing 3 – Putting it into Practice, which will allow you to cover all bases and complete a practice essay with targeted feedback.
The skills learned in these subjects are applicable to all forms of academic writing.
Topics included in this subject cover:
- APA style referencing including paraphrasing, use of direct quotes, in-text referencing and end-of-text reference lists
- complexity in academic writing
- formality in academic writing
- introduction to the subject and writing essays
As with all Study Link subjects, all of your learning materials are presented online, and you will have ongoing access to your subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202115||398||SSS077||Essay Writing 1 - Style||Distance||Online||2/11/20||29/1/21||30/4/21|
|202145||279||SSS077||Essay Writing 1 - Style||Distance||Online||15/2/21||4/6/21||13/8/21|
|202175||420||SSS077||Essay Writing 1 - Style||Distance||Online||21/6/21||17/9/21||17/12/21|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Melissa Lupprian
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic studies