Master the mechanics of grammar as the basis of effective writing at university.
Good grammar enables you to get your ideas across to your audience, powerfully and unambiguously.
In this short subject, you’ll receive a tailored learning program just for you based on the results of a quick online diagnostic test. You’ll then practise the areas of grammar and punctuation that you find challenging.
You’ll also learn to write grammatically correct sentences that build into effective paragraphs.
Topics covered in this subject include:
- features of an effective paragraph
- finding help and resources
- introduction to grammar as essential to academic literacy at university
- the role of grammar in communication
- word classes and parts of speech
- writing a grammatically correct. sentence
As with all Study Link subjects, you will access all of your learning materials online, as well as having ongoing support and guidance from a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term!
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202215||401||SSS080||Grammar Essentials 1||Distance||Online||1/11/21||28/1/22||29/4/22|
|202245||282||SSS080||Grammar Essentials 1||Distance||Online||14/2/22||3/6/22||12/8/22|
|202275||423||SSS080||Grammar Essentials 1||Distance||Online||20/6/22||16/9/22||16/12/22|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: Ruth Durose
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic studies