This subject contains a 10 to 15 days Compulsory Workplace Learning component.
Students are required to complete a 120-140 hour clinical placement. This may occur in a number of settings, such as:
- Critical Care:
- In-hospital placement (operating theatre, intensive care unit, etc.).
- Operational on-road critical care placement.
- Extended Care:
- Operational on-road Extended care paramedics (ECPs) placement.
- In-hospital placements (emergency department).
- Community nursing/remote area practice setting.
Paramedic service shifts may be up to 12 hours in duration, hospital shifts are likely closer to 8 hours duration. Thus the reasons for the varied 'days' duration of the clinical placement.