Students studying this subject will gain an understanding of major incident management at a tactical and strategic level sufficient to equip them to operate as part of a major incident medical/health response team. Students will learn the principles and techniques of major incident prevention, preparedness, response and recovery and be able to apply them to scenarios or previous incidents.
School of Biomedical Sciences
Graduate Diploma in Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
1. Historical perspectives of major incident management.
2. General principles of major incident management.
3. Tactical responses to major incidents at a local level.
4. Health and medical perspectives on major incident management systems, including clinical issues.
5. Non-healthcare perspectives on major incident management systems.
6. Strategic management of major incidents at state, national and international levels.
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: May 2019. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.