Contemporary market economies are dominated by services. This subject helps students appreciate the distinct characteristics of services and the implications these have for developing and implementing marketing strategies in a wide range of service industries. Current issues in technology and ethics are also examined in relation to service organisations.
School of Management and Marketing
Postgraduate students only
Assumed knowledge for this subject is equivalent to that covered in MKT501 or MBA503.
Service products, customers and employees
1. introduction to services marketing
2. customer behaviour, service encounters, customer satisfaction and service quality
3. service employees
1. targeting and positioning
2. service product strategy
1. service delivery
2. costs and pricing
3. services promotion
1. customer relationship management
2. customer complaints and service recovery management
3. international services marketing
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: May 2019. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.