This subject explores pathophysiological processes contributing to disease. This subject focuses on pathophysiological processes associated with musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory dysfunction. Relevant pharmacology is integrated throughout.
School of Nursing, Paramedicine and Healthcare Sciences
BMS192 or ( BMS130 and MCR101 )
BMS101, BMS102, BMS121, BMS122, BMS221, BMS222, BMS231, BMS232
PATHOPHYSIOOGICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS
* Cell injury, adaptation and death
* Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
GENERAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND ASSOCIATED PHARMACOLOGY
* Fluid, electrolyte and acid-base imbalances
* Pain and analgesic agents
* Inflammation and anti-inflammatory agents
* Infectious disease and antimicrobial agents
* Neoplastic disorders and antineoplastic agents
SYSTEMATIC PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND ASSOCIATED PHARMACOLOGY
* Cardiovascular dysfunction (coagulopathy, hypertension, atherosclerosis, dysrhythmias, pump failure) and associated pharmacology
* Respiratory dysfunction (asthma, chronic airways limitation, hypoventilation, pulmonary hypertension) and associated pharmacology
* Musculoskeletal dysfunction (arthritis, osteoporosis, metabolic disorders, muscular dystrophy) and associated pharmacology
The following table summarises the assessment tasks for the online offering of BMS291 in Session 2 2020. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated and can also differ to suit the mode of study (online or on campus).
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: December 2021. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.