This subject will assist students to make the links between research, teaching and learning. Students will have the opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to undertake research in educational settings. In order to do this, they will build on their knowledge of a range of approaches to conducting educational research. They will develop an understanding of the relationship between research and practice so that they can locate, critically analyse and use published research to investigate their own practice and to provide evidence of successful teaching and successful student learning.
No offerings have been identified for this subject in 2018.
School of Teacher Education
- The nature, characteristics and purposes of research in education, childcare, parenting, child development and learning, and families and communities.
- Ethics in research.
- Methods of data collection, including questionnaires, interviews, observations, child assessments, and data analysis, including the use of software for recording and summarising quantitative data.
- Research paradigms commonly used to inform educational research with children.
- Processes of inquiry, including formulation of a research question, study design, data collection, analysis, reporting results, drawing conclusions.
- Reading and appraising research.
- Current research on families, children, schools and early childhood settings in Australia and internationally.
- Identifying and using online and electronic resources in research.
- Presentation of research to a professional and parent audience.
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or email@example.com or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 275 278 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2018 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: August 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.