The modern food and fibre system is complex, dynamic and international. The changes taking place in this system are revolutionary. The system is becoming highly demand-driven with marketing being very important. The purpose of this subject is to examine the question of agriproduct marketing (raw commodities, food, fibre and agricultural services) in this new global environment. Agriproducts can be categorized into undifferentiated products (also called commodities) and differentiated products. The marketing of these two different types of agriproducts is examined in detail, focusing on both conceptual and practical aspects.
School of Agricultural and Wine Sciences
Student who have completed AGB410 are not eligible to enrol into this subject
- The Agriproduct System
- Coordination of the Agriproduct System
- Agriproducts in the Global Environment
- Consumption Trends and Consumer Attitudes
- Market Research and Market Segmentation
- Managing The Product And New Product Development
- Pricing Agriproducts
- Marketing Planning
- Economics of Commodity Markets and International Trade
- Commodity Price Mechanisms and Futures Markets
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: January 2020. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.