International student support scholarship 2022
- Applications closed
- The International student support scholarship 2022 was fully allocated on 11:59pm 10 Feb 2020
- Available to:
- Value: 20% fee discount for duration of course
Applications are now closed - The scholarship provides a 20% fee discount for new international students for the duration of your course. See full eligibility details below.
Awarded to eligible new commencing 2022 international applicants studying in internal mode at Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
The scholarship is not available for continuing or transferring students. Applicants must be an international student for an intake in 2022 on a regional campus.
Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
When will applications close?
Applications are now closed
Who cannot apply?
- International students commencing an online mode course
- International students studying via Charles Sturt University’s international partners
- International exchange students
- Research students
- Students in Theology / Ministry courses
- Bachelor of Dental Science students
- Bachelor of Oral Health students
- Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Continuing students. Only new students will be made a scholarship offer at the time of admission.
Will I be notified that my application has been received and when will I find out the outcome?
Your offer letter will include the scholarship.
Can I be awarded more than one scholarship?
Students awarded this scholarship may not be eligible for other scholarships. Please check with us if you are already a scholarship awardee.
How are applications assessed?
Applicants will be considered as part of their course admissions process. There is no additional application process.
Conditions of scholarship
Scholarship is conditional on the student maintaining satisfactory progression in the course (pass average) between Session 1 and Session 2. Students who transfer out of their regional location at any time will not continue to be awarded the scholarship.
Recipients are expected to become active members of the student body and provide information, testimonials and be featured in Charles Sturt promotional materials.
When will my scholarship be paid?
Scholarships are subject to the student maintaining satisfactory academic progress and continued enrolment in their course. If these conditions are not met, Scholarships may be suspended or terminated. As long as the criteria is met, the scholarship amount will be deducted from tuition fees at the commencement of each session.
Can I defer my scholarship offer?
No, this scholarship is exclusive to 2022 commencing students.
Can my scholarship be suspended or terminated?
Yes, if you fail to meet the criteria for your scholarship. Termination of a scholarship will occur if the recipient is excluded from their course, if the recipient withdraws or cancels their enrolment or if the recipient fails to maintain satisfactory grades over a prolonged period. Scholarships will also be terminated if the recipient transfers to another university or place of study.
Can I apply for an Approved Leave of Absence (ALA)?
For this particular scholarship, an Approved Leave of Absence may cause the scholarship’s termination. Please check with your International Student Liaison Officer for more information.
What will happen after I am granted the scholarship?
You will need to accept your offer. You may still be required to meet GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) criteria, including financial capacity, and will need to make the appropriate fee deposit to the University to receive a confirmation of enrolment.
How many scholarships are on offer?
We will award as many scholarships as possible, with an intent to reward every eligible student.
Will I be considered as a commencing student if I am transferring from another Charles Sturt course or I am applying with advanced standing?
You may be eligible. Please contact us at email@example.com for confirmation.
What are my responsibilities if awarded a scholarship?
You will be required to participate in a number of activities or tasks to help promote Charles Sturt University to the wider community:
- Provide photographs of your experience to International Marketing Team for use in promotional and marketing items
- Submit an article about your experience to internal and external media groups
- Speak to internal and external media for interview purposes
- Post photos and/or updates through various Charles Sturt International social media pages
- You will also be required to sign a media release allowing your photos and images of you to be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
Where can I get help?
If your question isn’t answered in the information provided on the website, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.