Elite Athlete and Performer Program
We are committed to supporting Elite/Pre-Elite Athletes, Elite Sports Personnel and Elite Performers while they undertake university study with their sporting career. We recognise that the training, performing or competitive commitments of our student athletes may require additional flexibility and support, which we offer to our Elite Athlete and Performer Program members.
How we can support you
Our dedicated staff can support you while you study as part of the Elite Athlete and Performer Program. Many of our members can:
- study their course online
- get special consideration for admission
- apply for elite athlete and performer program scholarships
- get flexibility in their studies, sit exams elsewhere or get assignment extensions
- get subsidised on-campus accommodation support
- access tailored study plans and academic support
- use our gyms and sporting facilities
- get free Charles Sturt Elite Athlete and Performer Program apparel
- get Uni Nationals representation subsidies.
We have four categories in our Elite Athlete and Performer Program. They are:
- Elite Athlete: are athletes participating at the highest level of their sport or activity. The University will grant Elite Athlete status to athletes who are national representatives selected to participate in international sporting (or cultural) events and are identified and recognised by a national supporting body or association. Other representation will be considered on an individual basis.
- Pre-Elite Athlete: are athletes that have been recognised for their potential to attain high honours in their selected sport through recognition by a regional academy or state/national sporting organisation and its associated pathway for their chosen sport.
- Elite Sports Personnel: are support people involved at the highest level of their sport or sports related activity. This includes referees, coaches, officials and support staff with the same travel and training commitments as Elite Athletes.
- Elite Performer: is someone who has been identified as having performed successfully in extended or significant productions/performing arts at a state, national or international level.
Be part of the Elite Athlete and Performer Program
How to Apply:
- Go to the Student Portal and submit the Elite Athlete form
- You can check the status of your request on your Student Portal
Our dedicated staff member is here to assist our registered Elite Athlete and Performer Program members to manage their study and sporting commitments.
Student Liaison Officer (Elite Athletes and Sports)
Division of Student Success
Tel/Fax: 02 6365 7838