Remember to check in using the QR codes when on campus.
Last Updated

10 Mar 2021 at 4:29pm

This page outlines information about impacts to your study experience due to COVID-19.

Information here will be regularly updated.

What we are doing

  • Staying up-to-date with government advice and directions.
  • Enacting our safe return to campus plan for Session 1, 2021.
  • Implementing strict health and safety measures in line with government recommendations.
  • Assessing student needs and offering a range of support.

What we want you to do

  • Ensure your contact details are current in your Student Portal so you don’t miss important updates.
  • Ensure your enrolment is up-to-date.
  • Stay up-to-date with information from us and government departments.
  • Continue to follow good hygiene and physical distancing practices.
  • Let us know if you’ve come into contact with COVID-19.
  • Seek advice or support if you need it.

Campus advice

All ongoing updates regarding on-campus activity will be communicated to you personally and updated here.

  • Safe return to campus plan

    We are ready to welcome our new and returning students to campus for Session 1. We will deliver on-campus lectures, tutorials and practicals. But, you may still have the opportunity to blend on-campus and online study.

    We're taking all necessary precautions for a safe return to campus. As part of our return to campus plan, we’re asking everyone to use the Department of Health’s QR code check-in system when entering buildings, and to continue to follow COVID-19 safe practices. These include:

    • packing a mask
    • practising hand hygiene
    • maintaining physical distancing
    • staying away from campus and getting tested if you’re experiencing symptoms
    • downloading the COVIDSafe app.

    If an outbreak occurs, we are prepared to respond and our return to campus plans will change. Download the current Return to Campus Plan.

    No matter what happens, we’ll work with you to ensure you can continue your studies.

  • Check in when visiting campus

    As part of our Safe Return to Campus plan, we’re asking everyone to check in when visiting our campus locations.

    Each university building has a unique Service NSW QR code displayed on a poster at the entrance.

    Use your mobile phone to scan the QR code and follow the prompts to check in using the Service NSW app. You do not need a MyServiceNSW account.

    Please check in at each university building you enter.

    What if I can’t check in using a mobile phone?

    If you don’t have a mobile or don’t have the capability to check in on your mobile you have two other options for checking in.

    The easiest way is to get a friend to check you in as you enter. A friend can enter your name as a dependent when they check in.

    If you sign in a friend, Service NSW asks you to check you have their contact details. You should also show them the privacy notice displayed in the app.

    If you are unable to check in using the above method, you need to use a computer to check in.

    To check in using a computer, select the location below to open the relevant web form.

    • You need to check in to your campus location each day you attend campus.
    • You also need to check in each time you visit a Cheers hospitality venue.

    I'm checking in to...

    Please choose a location from the drop-down below. The Service NSW web form for your location will then open in a new tab/window.

  • Wearing a mask

    We encourage students and staff to wear masks when physical distancing is not possible. You are encouraged to bring your own mask to campus.

    You can also buy a mask at Charlie's Store (Bathurst and Wagga) or order one online through the Charles Sturt Online Shop.

    • Bathurst: Buy in-person or order online to collect from Charlie's Store.
    • Wagga Wagga: Buy in-person or order online to collect from Charlie's Store.
    • Albury-Wodonga: Order online and collect from Residence Life.
    • Dubbo: Order online and collect from Office 206, Library Building.
    • Orange: Order online to collect from Banjo's Cafe.
    • Port Macquarie: Order online and collect from Residence Life.
  • What do I do if I want to continue learning online in 2021?

    You may be able to continue studying online if your required subjects are offered online.

    Use the Graduate Planning System (GPS) to map your enrolment and then make sure you enrol in the online version of the subject.

    If you want to discuss your options further, please contact your Course Team.

  • Student Central

    Student Central is currently available via phone, email or live chat.

    Drop-in counter enquiries will be available 9am – 5pm for three weeks from 22 Feb.

    From 15 March, Student Central will be introducing an appointments booking system so you won't have to wait in line to see a friendly staff member.

    Chat with us online

  • Learning commons and food outlets

    Learning commons, Library collection spaces and food outlets are open. You will need to check-in as a visitor to these areas using the QR code on posters outside the building.

    More information:

  • Graduation

    Congratulations to the thousands of students completing their studies.

    While we have postponed graduation ceremonies due to COVID-19, eligible students will still graduate.

    Once your grades are finalised, your award will be submitted for conferral to the University Council. Once conferred, we will mail your printed testamur as well as release a digital copy of your graduation documents via My eQuals.

    We are submitting monthly conferrals, so if your grades take some time to be finalised or you have further requirements to finish, such as practicals and workplace learning, you’ll still be able to have your degree conferred later.

    To ensure you receive your testamur, check your mailing address is up-to-date.

    View more information

  • On-campus accommodation

    We are accepting bookings for accommodation. You can book accommodation online.

    Please note you will need to follow NSW Health advice, and you may be required to self-isolate before arriving if you are travelling from another state. If you are already on campus and discover you are required to self-isolate for any reason, or if you become unwell, please contact Residence Life immediately to discuss arrangements to do this.

  • International students

    Students studying at Study Centres in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney are encouraged to visit our International students page for information. Please speak to your International Student Liaison Officer if you have any questions or concerns.

  • Sport and recreation

    We have sporting facilities available at most of our campuses. Visit our Sporting facilities page for information regarding opening times and bookings.

  • Exams

    The Academic Skills Adviser (Online Study) team is here to support you throughout your online exams. You can access a range of online workshops to get familiar with online exams or get one-on-one support at online appointments.

    View exams information

Travel advice

Students should continue to follow travel advice issued by government authorities in the first instance. Please note we are unable to support self-isolation requirements in our on campus accommodation.

  • Interstate and intrastate travel

    General travel advice

    Please check the latest government advice on state and territory border closures due to COVID-19 as these may affect your ability to attend classes, residential schools, intensive catch-up blocks, workplace learning, or access facilities on campus.

    You will need to comply with NSW Health’s travel and transport guidance before attending campus. For information regarding your specific circumstances please visit Service NSW or phone 13 77 88.

    If you are not able to attend your classes, residential school or intensive catch-up teaching block, or if you choose not to attend as a result of government travel restrictions, you should contact your Subject Coordinator or Workplace Learning team. Checking your Interact2 subject site for updates may also be helpful.

    If you have an accommodation booking and need to cancel due to a border closure, you will not be charged.

    More general advice for travelling (international and interstate) is available from the Australian Government COVID-19 advice for travelling.

    Hotspots, cluster areas and case alerts

    If you reside in or have visited COVID-19 hotspots, cluster areas or case alerts identified by public health officials, we ask that you follow NSW Health advice and understand any travel restrictions that may impact you. Do not travel if you have been advised not to by NSW Health (or the relevant authority in your state).

  • Isolation periods

    If NSW Health advice requires you to self-isolate, please note we are not in a position to facilitate it. Accommodation on campus can be arranged once your isolation period is complete. If you normally live on campus, please contact Residence Life to discuss your situation.

  • Workplace learning

    We are encouraging all Workplace Learning students to follow NSW Health and government guidelines.

    Currently, most domestic placements are continuing as scheduled. Should your placement be affected, the Workplace Learning team will contact you as soon as possible. Please visit the Workplace Learning page for details about fees, grades and options for alternative arrangements.

    If you have any questions, you can contact your Faculty Workplace Learning team via:

  • Residential schools and intensive catch-up sessions

    To check the latest arrangements for your residential school, please visit our Residential Schools page and check your Interact2 subject sites.

  • Advice for research students

    If you're completing research on campus, we ask that you stay up-to-date with the latest information on our staff page.

    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at

    View staff information

Support for students

We are responding to COVID-19 as the situation evolves. As part of this, we continue to offer a range of support services to students.

  • SSAF-funded support and projects
    • The library is currently offering a free textbook delivery and return postage service for students studying online.
    • LinkedIn student licences are available, providing unlimited access to over 15,000 courses in 7 languages.
    • Student mentoring and leadership opportunities continue to be provided.
    • We continue to offer a range of financial support and services online. Students can contact a Student Welfare and Finance Adviser for more information or assistance.
    • Our Career Development Officers are working on delivering a range of workshops and self-help resources including mastering the STAR method, managing your digital footprint, preparing a LinkedIn profile and living on a budget. Career Development Officers are also available for one-on-one phone or video consultations to help students with:
      • career planning
      • resume review
      • job applications
      • interview preparation
      • course indecision.
    • Counselling services are available via Skype and phone. Bookings are available by calling or texting 0448 860 385, or booking online. Additionally, we’re continuing drug and alcohol prevention initiatives, sexual assault and sexual harassment programs, strategies and support for academic success, and initiatives focused on diversity and inclusion.
    • We continue to provide online engagement sessions on topics such as yoga, maintaining motivation, trivia and arts.
    • Students who are part of our Elite Athlete Program can access support via our dedicated Elite Athletes and Sport Student Liaison Officer.
    • Residential school support – arrival and departure transport services and emergency accommodation options are available.
    • Academic writers are available for referencing support through the use of online resources.
  • Online learning and technical support

    The Academic Skills Adviser (Online Study) team is supporting students with online learning throughout COVID-19.

    Students can participate in workshops and speak to specialist advisers to get help with online learning, referencing, online exams, and staying connected.

    Technical support remains available to all students.

  • Special consideration

    All students are eligible to apply for special consideration if they are impacted by COVID-19. Apply for special consideration if you cannot complete your subjects or workplace learning by the end of session, have difficulties with online exams, or are unable to attend residential schools due to border closures or travel restrictions.

    Apply for special consideration

  • Financial support

    Applications for COVID-19 Student Support Grants have now closed, however, students can view and apply for other scholarships.

    We continue to offer a range of financial help and advice including student loans. Students can contact a Student Welfare and Finance Adviser for more information or assistance.

  • Student wellbeing and counselling

    We continue to offer a range of student counselling services with options to book online, via text or phone call.

    You can also check out our other wellbeing resources.

  • First Nations student support

    We continue to provide professional and dedicated support for all First Nations students, regardless of whether you’re studying on-campus, online or by mixed mode. Our First Nations Student Centres on campus are now open.

    View more information

  • International students

    Support for international students in New South Wales

    The New South Wales Government is funding up to 20 weeks of free accommodation for vulnerable international students in NSW during the current COVID-19 pandemic.

    Additionally, a new 24/7 international student support service, through the NSW Government COVID-19 hotline (13 77 88), offers free advice and information about other measures, including the moratorium on rental evictions and medical, mental health, legal and emergency support.

    More information

    Support for international students in Victoria

    We are currently working through plans for distributing the Victoria Government’s International Student Emergency Relief Fund to support eligible international students during this time.

    In addition to this, the Victorian Government is providing a range of support to international students, including one-off rent relief grants, help to find work opportunities, a dedicated COVID-19 online support hub, and access to free accommodation and legal services.

    More information

    Other support for international students

    These supports are in addition to both Federal and State Government investments into charities and organisations to provide support to vulnerable members of the community, including international students. International students may also be able to receive assistance in a number of other areas (from landlords, utilities providers and more).

    The state-based international student hubs have gathered all this information together in one spot for each state:

  • Disability services

    We continue to support students with physical, medical, sensory impairments, learning disabilities and mental health conditions. Please contact us for assistance.

Health advice

Students should continue to follow public health orders and government advice regarding health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic.


  • What hygiene procedures are in place on campus?

    To ensure the safety of students and staff on campus, we are:

    • increasing the frequency of cleaning
    • providing cleaning materials in all classrooms and common areas
    • providing hand sanitiser
    • implementing the use of QR check-in codes
    • encouraging the use of face masks, where appropriate.
  • What is COVID-19?

    Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.

    Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.

    The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).

    At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19.

    View more information

  • What do I do if I’ve been exposed to COVID-19?

    If you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, please follow public health orders in the first instance and submit details of your situation to Charles Sturt University through our Incident Reporting form as soon as possible.

  • What do I do if I’ve recently returned from overseas travel?

    If you have recently returned from travel overseas or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of the virus, please follow public health orders in the first instance and submit the details of your situation through our Incident Reporting form as soon as possible.

  • I can’t get to campus because of border closures. What do I do?

    We’ll continue to support students who are unable to attend campus due to border closures. If you are impacted by a border closure, please contact your course team.

Can we help you find what you’re looking for?