- compound interest
- finding the length, midpoint and gradient of an interval (line segment)
- graphing quadratic equations using a table of values
- graphing straight lines
- index laws and their use in simplifying algebraic and numerical expressions
- plotting points on a pair of Cartesian axes
- scientific notation and its use in the metric system of units
- simple interest weighted percentages.
Are you planning a teaching career?
It is now a government requirement that all new teachers have high-level skills in numeracy, which are tested via the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education (LANTITE). This series of subjects offer the perfect opportunity to get up to speed with essential teaching knowledge.
This first of three preparation subjects will give you the opportunity to practise the numeracy skills required by the teaching profession, focusing in this instance on number and algebra.
Topics included in this preparation subject cover the areas of:
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202045||271||SSS068||Prep for Teaching Maths 1||Distance||Online||17/2/20||5/6/20||14/8/20|
|202075||411||SSS068||Prep for Teaching Maths 1||Distance||Online||22/6/20||18/9/20||18/12/20|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 26 hours
Subject Coordinator: Greg Carroll
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
The three subjects in this Prep for Teaching series i.e. SSS068, SSS069 and SSS070 will provide useful practice for Teacher Education students who need to pass the LANTITE – Numeracy professional pre-employment test.