- advanced algebra: expanding (up to cubic expressions), factorising (up to quadratic expressions), simplifying, solving equations and inequalities, quadratic equations, simultaneous equations
- number systems: natural numbers, integers, rational numbers, surds and real numbers
- sketching trig functions
- trigonometry: trig ratios for standard angles and for angles of any size, extending to other quadrants, trig identities, radian measure, sine and cosine rules.
Do you need to take your maths knowledge to the next level?
If you’re enrolled in a mathematics-based course such as engineering or computer science that requires strong maths knowledge, Maths Skills 3 - Advanced 'A' and 'B' are the subjects for you! You can choose the subject that fits your needs best, or complete one after the other!
Topics covered in Maths Skills 3 - Advanced 'A' include:
We know maths can be daunting, so remember you'll have access to a dedicated subject coordinator who can help guide you throughout this subject.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202045||276||SSS074||Maths Skills 3 - Advanced A||Distance||Online||17/2/20||5/6/20||14/8/20|
|202075||417||SSS074||Maths Skills 3 - Advanced A||Distance||Online||22/6/20||18/9/20||18/12/20|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: To be confirmed
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Any tertiary course that requires Advance level Maths knowledge
- Maths MTH101 if you are a first year student at Charles Sturt University with this subject choice. You can check your course details in the Online Course Brochure section of the University website