How SSAF is spent
Since 2012, the Student Services and Amenities Fee has helped fund new and refreshed student services, support, facilities, student space and more. Many of these projects have been suggested by students and staff.
Find out more on the types of ways SSAF can be spent and how CSU decides how to spend money raised through the fee.
Ongoing services and support chevron_right
- Careers Service Development team and job interview support
- Counselling and meditation programs
- Financial advice, support and scholarships
- Health and wellbeing support and events
- International student assistance and transfer services
- Mentoring support
- Online student library books return postage
- Online orientation services and Welcome Packs
- Policing academic amenities
- Residential school events and online student travel transfer to attend residential schools
- Sports program support
- Student communications and Charlie interns
- Student diversity programs (LGBTIQA+ ALLY program and cultural diversity resources)
- Student Leadership Program
- Student Liaison Officer support
Campus facilities chevron_right
- Albury-Wodonga: fitness room, Gums shade umbrellas, mountain bike track, outdoor heating and wind protection
- Bathurst: BBQ on Library Lawn, Diggings Oval canteen facility and soccer training facility
- Canberra: outdoor amenities and St Marks undercover facilities
- Dubbo: 24 hour quiet study and student space, outdoor cafe engagement and learning commons student kitchen
- Goulburn: outdoor beep test system, running path and treadmill hire
- Orange: BBQ facility, cricket practice net, parent room and breastfeeding facility
- Port Macquarie: on campus entertainment, recreational facilities, soccer club
- Wagga Wagga: Beres Ellwood Oval lighting, club shelves, student kitchen in Building 30, weather shelter at netball courts
Projects coming soon or under consideration chevron_right
- Albury-Wodonga: Common room in the Pavilion, mountain bike track, outdoor bouldering
- Bathurst: Diggings Milgate Room mind hub, Diggings oval fence, eco walk, JOV Trudy’s Commons, Mitchell Rugby dugouts, The Atrium in the Rafters
- Dubbo: Dubbo fitness equipment, shading of fitness equip
- Orange: Girinyalanha BBQ facilities, sporting recreation area, spring creek outdoor area
- Goulburn: outdoor seating
- Parramatta: Shower facilities and bike storage
- Port Macquarie: permanent BBQ, motorised shade awning, outdoor bouldering
- Wagga Wagga: Beres Ellwood BBQ shelter, netball courts, eco walk and fitness loop, bike hire stations (still in review)
SSAF case studies
Got an idea that SSAF could fund? Learn in-depth about SSAF-funded projects to help shape a proposal.
Alumni Networking Evening
An event which brings together current students and alumni in target careers areas or professions, giving students the opportunity to better understand potential career pathways.
Charles Sturt University Graduate Showcase
A 60 minute, original, live performance of Acting students intercut with a screening of original short films written, directed and produced by Production students.
Wednesday lunches at Port Macquarie
The SRC have been able to provide the students with affordable lunches once a week on the Port Macquarie campus.