NSW 2021 Floods
Port Macquarie campus impacts
Classes will resume on our Port Macquarie campus from Thursday 25 March. If you can’t attend due to the NSW floods we will help you catch up at another time. Your safety comes first.
This page outlines information about impacts to your study experience due to the NSW 2021 floods.
As severe weather continues to impact the New South Wales coast we are actively monitoring the situation. Our Port Macquarie campus remains open, is not impacted by flooding. Over the next month the campus will also host community groups assisting with the relief efforts.
Updates will be made here as information becomes available.
What you need to know
- Classes will resume at our Port Macquarie campus from Thursday, 25 March. Classes continue as normal at our other campuses and online.
- If you can’t attend a compulsory class due to the NSW Flooding please contact your Subject Coordinator.
- If you can safely travel to a Workplace Learning placement, you should continue your placement as planned. However, if you can’t attend due to the flooding please contact your faculty Workplace Learning team for support.
- If you are impacted by the flooding you can apply for special consideration and we will help you catch up at another time. We will make sure you are not disadvantaged due to this emergency situation.
- Some classes at our other campuses may be cancelled if they are taught by a staff member who lives in an impacted area. You will be advised directly by your Subject Coordinator.
- Follow emergency services advice at all times. Your safety comes first.
We have a range of emergency financial support options available for students in immediate need, which can be accessed quickly. If you’re concerned about not being able to return to your on-campus residence reach out to Residence Life to discuss your options.
If you need immediate relief from emotional distress you can contact the Charles Sturt After Hours Crisis Support Line 5pm to 9am weeknights and 24/7 on weekends or public holidays or the Charles Sturt Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Line 8.30am to 5pm weekdays. Both services are available by phone 1300 572 516 or text 0480 087 002.
We encourage you to take the advice of local authorities and monitor the situation at:
All ongoing updates regarding on-campus activity will be communicated to you personally and updated here.
Students should continue to follow travel advice issued by government authorities in the first instance. Please note we are unable to support self-isolation requirements in our on campus accommodation.
Support for students
We are responding to COVID-19 as the situation evolves. As part of this, we continue to offer a range of support services to students.
Students should continue to follow public health orders and government advice regarding health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic.