Managing your enrolment
Network and Internet
- Your Internet Access and Account
Access the Internet using the Charles Sturt network
- Eduroam (wi-fi network on campus)
Access Charles Sturt network resources and services including internet and printing.
- Eduroam (access wi-fi at other universities)
Eduroam gives you access to wi-fi services at participating universities and educational institutions.
- Virtual Desktop - VMware Horizon
Access to the Charles Sturt network and standard applications from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Desktop Computing and Printing
- Computing and Printing Facilities
Computing facilities are in Computer Labs, Libraries and Learning Commons on all major campuses. Printing is provided on a cost per use basis.
- Recommended Computer Standards
These standards are necessary to provide you with the best learning experience during your time at Charles Sturt University.
Software and Online Applications
- Microsoft Office 365
Allows you to install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote for free on up to 5 PC's or Mac's and Office apps on other mobile devices including Android, Apple, and Windows devices.
- CSU Replay (Recorded Lectures)
A lecture playback service. Availability is determined by the lecturer of each subject. Your subject will be listed as a tool in your Interact subject site.
- Zoom Video Conferencing
Online video and audio conferencing tool to help with collaboration. Zoom is the primary Audio/Video Conferencing Solution for the University.
- Sophos (Antivirus Software)
Keep your computer safe, we recommend using SOPHOS own free solution called SOPHOS Home:
- Software Downloads
A range of free software that is available to you.
- Develop your skills online
You can also access online training to assist with your IT skills.
Teaching space support
- Interactive Video Teaching (IVT) Support
Videoconferencing technology enables classes to be delivered to students located at other campuses.
- You are eligible for student discounts with many retailers for hardware, devices and software.