Disability services

We can help reduce the impact of a disability or condition on your studies.

We support students with physical, medical, sensory impairments, learning disabilities and mental health conditions.

More about eligibility

When you register with the Disability Service, you’ll get access to timely services and adjustments for your studies. We’ll develop a study access plan with you to help reduce the impact of a disability or condition on your studies.

Make sure you register with the Disability Service as soon as you start studying or when you need support.

Services such as getting subject materials in accessible formats, transcription or an Auslan interpreter can take a long time to arrange.

Register now

If you're after some advice or you're not sure if you need to register, we're here to help.

You can make an appointment or you can email us.

If you do register with us, we will work with you to develop a Study Access Plan.

If you have a temporary injury, illness or condition, we can help you on a short-term basis. Examples include a broken limb or pregnancy.

Complete our registration steps to get help.

Register now

More ways we can help

Assistive technology

You can borrow software and equipment to access your subject materials. Or you can use assistive technology rooms on campus.

Services and resources

We can refer you to other Charles Sturt services for library support, scholarships and careers planning. We also offer helpful resources on a range of topics like how to disclose a disability.

Can we help you find what you’re looking for?