Looking to take the next step with your intermediate maths skills?
Do you already have some intermediate level mathematics skills, or have you completed Maths Skills 2 – Intermediate A (SSS072) and want to take your learning further? This subject builds on the content covered in Maths Skills – Intermediate A to give you more advanced algebra and problem-solving skills.
Topics covered in this short subject include:
- advanced algebra: expanding special products (perfect squares, difference of two squares), factorising using common factors, factorising quadratic trinomials, solving complex equations including powers and simultaneous equations
- concept of a function, linear and non-linear functions, including graphing techniques
- exponentials and logarithms
- word problems that involve the setting up and solving of a linear equation or a pair of simultaneous linear equations.
As with all Study Link subjects, all of your learning materials are presented online, and you'll have ongoing access to a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term!
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202115||394||SSS073||Maths Skills 2-Intermediate B||Distance||Online||2/11/20||29/1/21||30/4/21|
|202145||275||SSS073||Maths Skills 2-Intermediate B||Distance||Online||15/2/21||4/6/21||13/8/21|
|202175||416||SSS073||Maths Skills 2-Intermediate B||Distance||Online||21/6/21||17/9/21||17/12/21|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: To be confirmed
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Any tertiary course that requires Intermediate level Maths knowledge
- Maths MTH105 if you are a first year student at Charles Sturt University with this subject choice. You can check your course details in the Online Course Brochure section of the University website