- algebra: substituting into formulae and changing the subject of a formula
- arithmetic: place value, order of operations, indices, scientific notation, relationship between decimals, fractions and percentages, rounding, inequality notation
- calculator skills: focus on specific functions encountered in statistics
- descriptive statistics: measures of centre and variation
- introduction to using the descriptive statistics functions in Excel
- the straight line graph: the meaning of the gradient and y intercept.
If you’re about to study a course that requires knowledge of statistics, or you’re embarking on research, this subject will get you ready.
Introduction to Statistics is designed to help you become familiar with the skills required to study subjects in business, science, mathematics, psychology and research methods.
Topics covered in this short subject include:
As with all of our short preparation subjects, all of your learning materials for this subject will be access online, and you will have access to a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202215||397||SSS076||Introduction to Statistics||Distance||Online||1/11/21||28/1/22||29/4/22|
|202245||278||SSS076||Introduction to Statistics||Distance||Online||14/2/22||3/6/22||12/8/22|
|202275||419||SSS076||Introduction to Statistics||Distance||Online||20/6/22||16/9/22||16/12/22|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: To be confirmed