Apply for release (International students)
If you are an international student studying onshore in Australia, generally, you cannot transfer between registered providers until you have completed six calendar months of your principal course.
To transfer to another education provider before or during the first six months of your principal course will require a special application to request release from Charles Sturt University.
Applying for release
International students should use the Application for Release to: apply for permission to transfer to another education provider before or during the first six months of your principal course.
Your principal course is the main course of study you undertake. If your student visa has been issued for multiple courses, your principal course is usually your final course of study.
Keep in mind:
- The first six months is calculated as six calendar months from the date you commence in the principal course.
- You do not have to apply for release if you have been studying for over 6 months in your principle course.
- Ensure you have a valid offer of admission from another registered provider with the proposed course start date.
- Check the circumstances outlined in Standard 7 of the 2018 National Code are applicable.
- Ensure you have your supporting documentation. It is best to provide us with as much documentation as possible. As a minimum you will need to provide a valid offer of admission from another registered provider with the proposed course start date, and supporting documents that outline and support your special circumstance.
What happens once you submit your application?
- Charles Sturt University will send you an email acknowledgement confirming the receipt of your application. Applications are processed within 10 business days of receiving a complete application.
- Once your application has been reviewed we will:
- Provide you with an outcome; or
- Advise you we require additional documentation.
If you are not satisfied with the decision you can click here.
If the University grants a release it will be at no cost to you.
More information about applying for release can be found in our International On-Shore Students Provider Transfer Policy.