Building and room access

Find out where your Charles Sturt Card can take you on campus.

Your Charles Sturt Card will give you access to:

  • all 24-hour computer labs on campus
  • other buildings and rooms based on your enrolment
  • your accommodation, if you're living on campus.

Keeping your card active

If you're on Wagga, Bathurst, Albury, Port Macquarie, Orange or Dubbo campus, you need to scan your card at a Charles Sturt Card hotspot every 30 days to keep your building access active.

If you haven't been to a hotspot in the last 30 days, your entry will be restricted.

Hotspots are generally located at the entrance to the library, and Residence Life offices, security offices, and most residential buildings.

Getting access to more buildings/rooms

If you need access to more buildings or facilities, here's what to do:

  • To access teaching facilities (e.g. a science lab), contact your school's admin staff for help.
  • To access a residential area (e.g. laundry), contact the Residence Life Team on that campus.

Other types of cardholders should follow these general instructions to request greater card permissions:

  • Staff: speak to your division's admin staff.
  • Partners: request access help from your admin staff.
  • Contractors: arrange access through the Facilities Management staff overlooking your work orders.

If you're having trouble accessing buildings using your card, you should:

  • double check whether you should have access to the building/room
  • take your card to Student Central, where a team member can assess the card and identify the cause of any issues.