Why it matters
The work you submit must be your own and all sources acknowledged. There are quite serious consequences for not committing to your academic obligations so we have developed a subject to help.
- The Academic Integrity subject takes 2.5 hours to complete.
- It is a mandatory subject for all Charles Sturt students.
- After June 18, 2021, your grades will not be visible to you if you have not completed the subject, in line with our Academic Integrity Policy.
About this subject
The Academic Integrity subject site will remain active in your Interact2 dashboard so you will always be available to revisit the content at any time.
This subject will help you to:
- Understand the University's Academic Integrity Policy
- Apply the principles of honesty, fairness and responsibility in learning to your studies.
- Outline support services available to help you meet your academic obligations.
It will also help you understand concepts and potential consequences of practices including:
- cheating and contract cheating
How to complete the subject
- Work through the Academic Integrity subject in Interact2.
- Complete the quizzes to demonstrate your understanding.
There are five short quizzes to complete. You will need to score 80% on each quiz to demonstrate your competence.
In most cases, you only need to complete this course once. However, if you receive a finding of academic misconduct, you may be required to repeat the course.
Previous versions of the subject
After late February 2020
If you've completed the Academic Integrity subject since late February 2020, you will not need to complete it again.
Before late February 2020
If you completed a previous version of the subject before late February 2020, you will need to complete the new version. The new version will help you to learn the importance of maintaining ethical standards in your academic and professional work.
Once you complete the Academic Integrity subject, is is noted on your student record. You can also check if you've completed the subject from your Student Portal dashboard.