After-hours crisis support
This service operates when the university counselling service is closed.
- Weeknights (5pm to 9am).
- Weekends (5pm Friday to 9am Monday).
- Public holidays.
Get help to:
- find immediate relief from emotional distress
- explore coping strategies for current problems or a crisis
- open pathways to find longer-term solutions
- help you work out the next steps to take
- manage safety concerns.
Privacy and the information I share
These crisis support lines are an extension of the Charles Sturt Student Counselling Service. Personal information is protected in accordance with NSW privacy laws and as outlined in its Charles Sturt Privacy Management Plan.
Contact with this service is documented in a secure electronic medical records system. This system can only be accessed by staff at this service and staff of the Charles Sturt Student Counselling Service and it is completely separate from any academic processes or systems.
Information provided during your interaction with this service will generally not be disclosed without your consent, however there are some exceptions to this. These situations include:
- Where the crisis support line staff or Charles Sturt University has a legal obligation to do so;
- Where necessary to manage the risk of an immediate threat of harm to an identifiable person or persons, including yourself, that can be averted only by disclosing information;
- When Counsellors are consulting or in the course of supervision (your identity and the identity of other parties involved will be concealed in this instance)
You may choose to access the crisis support line anonymously. However, if during the interaction we identify that there is a serious risk of harm to you or another person, then we may need to identify you or disclose information (such as your phone number) to emergency services in order to protect you or others.
Other options for support
Contact our service
If you need support from our counselling team for when you are feeling highly distressed or want to receive counselling for sexual assault, domestic violence, and harassment.
Counselling services for students enrolled in the Associate Degree Policing Studies - Goulburn.
Study Centre students
Get support if you're at a Study Centre in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney.