Appeal a review of grade
If your Review of Grade application has been declined or rejected, you may apply for appeal.
You should submit your application within ten business days from when you received notification your request has been declined or rejected.
Read the University Students Appeals Policy and Procedure for the criteria and process on how to appeal.
Grounds for Appeal
An appeal application will be considered if you can demonstrate there is:
- evidence of a failure to provide procedural fairness in hearing or the outcome of your Review of Grade application, or
- new evidence of factors outside your control that impaired your Review of Grade application is available, which:
- you could not reasonably have been expected to provide when the original decision was made, and
- would have been a significant factor in the original decision.
Before you submit your request
- We will generally make a decision based on what you write and submit in your appeal application, so you may want to look at How to Build a Strong Appeal Application.
- You may also want a Student Advocate to assist you or look over your appeal application before applying for an appeal. You can contact a Student Advocate.
How to appeal
- Use this word template to assist you in applying for appeal.
- Go to the Student Portal and submit the 'Appeal a Decision' form
Important things you should know
- We will assess your appeal application within ten (10) business days after submitting it.
- You will receive an email when your appeal application is being reviewed.
- This email will give you five (5) more business days to add anything further to your appeal application if you forgot to submit a document or wanted to make a further supporting statement. After this, a decision will be made.
- You will be notified about the outcome of your appeal application via email.
- Late applications will be accepted in exceptional circumstances. To request an extension, email the University Student Appeals Officer at email@example.com before your appeal is due.
What happens next
The decision made on your appeal application will be final and is not appealable. Once your appeal is assessed, you will be emailed an outcome of upheld, vary or denied.
If your appeal is upheld:
your Review of Grade application will be sent to the Head of School. Please note that just like the Review of Final Grade process, your overall marks for the subject could be greater than, lesser than or remain the same.
If your appeal is varied:
then there will be specific instructions or conditions in the email sent to you.
If your appeal is denied:
your Review of Grade application will not be sent to the teaching school Head for re-marking. The grade you have received before applying for Appeal of Grade will remain.