Date of birth

If the date of birth we have on file for you is wrong, you can submit your request to change your date of birth by email.

You will need to include a copy of one of these approved legal documents which shows your correct date of birth:

  • Birth Certificate (Commemorative birth certificate and birth extracts are not acceptable. A Commemorative birth certificate is A3 in size and has a theme or a fancy design.)
  • Passport (current).
  • Marriage Certificate (issued by a Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (RBDM). Commemorative certificate of marriage is not acceptable).
  • Divorce Certificate (issued by Family Law Court).
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate.
  • Change of Name Certificate (issued by a RBDM).
  • Civil Union Certificate or other legal document which has been supplied as part of a name matching request with the Australian Taxation Office.

A driver's licence is not an approved legal document.

Once you have your documentation, email us with your 8 digit student number, full name, correct date of birth and documentation.

International students

If you are an international student, you must use your current passport to verify your full name and date of birth with Charles Sturt University. If you are residing offshore and you don't have a current passport from your country of citizenship, you may use your Government issued national identity papers to verify your full name and date of birth.

If you are an International student or a student in Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) or Bachelor of Teaching Secondary courses you will also need to provide verified copies of your documents. Go to How to verify your documents for further information.