If you're required to undertake workplace learning as part of your studies, you'll need to plan ahead.
Workplace learning can vary in length, and you may be required to travel further than you usually do to attend classes or need to reduce the amount of paid work you usually do. Check your course overview and subject outlines to find out if you are required to undertake workplace learning.
Questions to ask when planning ahead
- Will I need to buy a uniform or equipment and how much will this cost?
- Will I need to pay for vaccinations or first aid training?
- How far will I need to travel and how much will this cost?
- Will I need to take leave or cut back my hours of paid work?
- What impact will this have on my budget?
- How much do I need to save or budget for during this period of time?
- Am I entitled to any financial support to help cover these costs?
Help with costs
- You may be eligible to apply for our Professional Placement Equity Grant.
- Find out if there is any financial assistance available from your school or faculty.
- If you are living in residences and need to attend placement in another location, you can apply for a rent reduction for the period you are away.