How to enrol
Check your current enrolment
Check your current subjects and course details are correct in Online Administration.
Choose your subjects
- View what subjects you have left to study and what sessions and subjects are available in your Handbook. Remember it's important you follow the Handbook from the year you commenced your course. Your Graduation Planning System can also help you to see what subjects you’ve completed and what you have remaining in your course.
- Check when subjects are available in the Subject availability list.
- If you’re interested in a subject that has prerequisites and you believe you have met these requirements, you can request for a Waiver of Prerequisites on the My Form Requests page of the Student Portal.
- Contact your Course Director if you need more help choosing your subjects.
Add or delete subjects
Before census date
You can add or delete subjects until census date.
- Go to Add/delete subjects.
- Select the appropriate session tab to add/delete subjects.
- Enter a subject code and click 'Add Subject'.
- Delete subjects you no longer wish to study. The change is automatic.
Post census date
You can request to change your subjects post census date. Keep in mind someone will need to review and approve your request.
- Go to the Student Portal
- Search 'Late add of Subject' and submit the request form
- You can check the status of your request on your Student Portal
Take a break from your study chevron_right
How many subjects to add chevron_right
If you’re studying an undergraduate course and would like to finish in the set completion time in your course Handbook, enrol in:
- full time: 4 subjects
- part time: 2 subjects.
Some postgraduate courses may have other study load requirements, so check your Handbook.
Varying your subject load per session chevron_right
You can choose to either:
- Enrol in one subject per session.
- Study extra subjects per session. You’ll need to get approval from your Course Director to study more than four subjects per session.
Before you vary your subject load, talk to your course director about and ask how to plan to complete your course.
Deadline to add subjects chevron_right
You can add subjects online up until the Sunday of the first week of session without approval from the Subject Coordinator. From the second week of session up until census date, you can still add a subject online with approval from the Subject Coordinator. View session and census dates in the Student Calendar.
After this time, you will need to complete the Late Application to Add a Subject form [PDF]. There is a late fee for adding subjects after census date.
Last day to delete a subject chevron_right
Withdraw from a subject after the census date chevron_right
Add a short Study Link subject chevron_right
You can enrol to study a short Study Link subject to either:
- make transitioning to university easier
- improve your skills for writing, mathematics, statistics, science and more.
Find out more about Study Link subjects and how to enrol.
Transfer to a different course chevron_right
If you’ve accepted your offer and it’s before your first session starts or you are in your first session of study, you’ll need to complete a new application for admission with the new course you’d like to study.
Once you’ve completed your first session of study, you can submit a request to change to a different course.
If you are studying on an International Student Visa (on campus), you will need to submit a new Application for Admission as you cannot transfer courses.
Cancel your enrolment chevron_right
If you’re thinking of cancelling your enrolment, there is support available to help you with your studies. We can help you with time management, changes in your life or people you care for, study costs and budgeting, developing your study skills and more.