The Division of People and Culture provides strategic leadership and operational advice to the University. We deliver professional HR services to the senior executive, managers and staff with the aim to have a motivated and capable workforce that is aligned with the University’s mission and values. We provide input into the development of policies and practices that impact on our people.
Key focus areas
Our key areas of focus are to:
- evolve culture
- attract and engage staff
- build talent and capability
To remain a strong university we need to evolve our capability and workforce. We need to be agile to adapt and thrive in a changing environment. The Division of People and Culture supports the strategy in building our internal capability to ensure we have:
- an engaged and successful workforce
- skilled people leaders
- successfully managed change.
Our vision is that the University will be recognised for the outstanding achievements of its people. We will have:
- qualified, skilled and engaged staff
- a high performance culture demonstrated by:
- a supportive, productive and energetic work environment
- a strong research profile
- a high quality of leadership in learning and teaching
- the confidence of our professions, regions and governments
We will be a University of choice for students and staff.
Our mission is to facilitate achievement of the University's objectives through leadership in people management. We will achieve this through our:
- Business knowledge
- Strategic contribution
- Strong partnerships
- Delivery of quality HR outcomes
- Optimisation of technology.
Our motto is 'For the Public Good' and our ethos is captured in the Wiradjuri phrase yindyamarra winhanganha meaning the wisdom of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in.
Our values are Insightful, Inclusive, Impactful and Inspiring. These values guide our behaviour and way of working to help us achieve our ethos of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in.
Our University Strategy 2022 focuses on our Students, our Communities and our Internal Capability. The Executive Director, Human Resources is the Sponsor for Internal Capability.