Managing other staff
As a manager, you're part of the University's leadership team. This means you're responsible for fostering the health and sustainability of Charles Sturt University by:
- articulating our vision
- living the values
- keeping our mission at the forefront of your decisions and actions.
Doing this will help both you and the University achieve better outcomes.
As a manager, you're expected to:
- be a critical part of our planning, governance and financial management
- be a sponsor, leader and champion of our objectives in:
- equity and diversity
- health, safety and wellbeing
- successful change
- question the status quo
- foster quality and accountability
- communicate up, down and across the organisational structure.
A large part of being a manager involves leading and managing people, our most significant and valuable asset.
As a people manager, you're responsible for:
- leading people through change
- advocating for and providing a healthy, safe, challenging and rewarding working environment for staff
- maintaining a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- fostering recognition and engaging effectively in the Employee Development and Review Scheme (EDRS)
- undertaking workforce and succession planning.
You're expected to have a solid understanding of the conditions under the Enterprise Agreement in order to apply staff entitlements appropriately. You also need to be aware of and understand relevant HR Policies.