Equity and Diversity (for Staff)
Equity in employment is about creating a fair and inclusive workplace in which staff of all backgrounds can flourish. At CSU, employment related equity and diversity are facilitated through:
- Merit based recruitment, selection and promotion processes
- Flexible work practices and a range of leave options that support work/life balance and family responsibilities
- Affirmative action programs that increase access and participation, such as CSU's Australian Indigenous Employment Strategy
- Workplace adjustments that enable people with disability to work effectively at CSU
- Targeted training and development opportunities to support career progression
- Policies and procedures to prevent unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Responsive management of concerns and complaints
The University’s equity and diversity goals and objectives are documented in its Employment Equity Plan. The University also has legal obligations to prevent unlawful discrimination and harassment, to promote equality of opportunity for certain groups and to report on its employment equity programs. Training for all staff on employment equity and their rights and responsibilities under relevant legislation is provided through the University’s EO Online training program.
Information about student equity initiatives can be found on the Equity Support website.
Strategies Plans & Reports
|Strategies & Plans||Reports|
|2015 Annual Report: Staff Equity and Diversity |
|Commonwealth Legislation||State Legislation|
Resources & Related Sites