When you deploy a test or survey in a content area, you can set the options for feedback, due date, restrict by location, timer, multiple attempts, and presentation.
* Access a test or survey's menu and select Edit the Test Options or Edit the Survey Options.
1. If required, Edit the Test or Survey Name.
2. Decide on a test or survey description and when the description and instructions will be shown to students.
4. Make available to students: if you select this the test or survey will become available immediately
5. Add a new announcement: If you select yes, an announcement will be generated including the test or survey time and location.
6. Multiple attempts: You can decide how many attempts students can complete. If more than one attempt, you can decide how the grade will be generated using the drop down menu Score attempts using.
7. Force Completion: Avoid using Force Completion.
8. Set timer. Create a set time limit. The students will see a timer as they take the test or survey. You can choose to have the test or survey auto-submitted when the time runs out, or let students continue working.
9. Display time. Decide when and for how long the test or survey will be available to students.
10. Password. You can password protect the test or survey.
11. If a student needs to complete the test or survey after the due date, you can add individual or group exceptions. See section on exceptions for more details in the i2 Help and Support site.
12. You can make the test or survey available immediately but provide a Due Date.
If you want the test or survey to be unavailable after the due date has passed, you must select the bubble “Do not allow students to start the Test or Survey if the due date is passed.” Otherwise, they will still be able to take and submit the test or survey, but it will be marked as late.
13. If you want the results to show in the grade centre select the first option. The second option "Hide results for this test completely from the instructor and the Grade Centre" can be used if students are completing a test but you do not want to see the result.
You can set which results and feedback are available to students after they complete a test or survey. Some rules can't be chosen together. If this occurs the options will not be available to select.
14. You can choose the options for when students can see feedback about the test or survey.
15. Set your Feedback Options
If you do not click any of the options only the total score is displayed.
For more information on feedback options visit Blackboard Help
16. Click submit
This video tutorial shows How to Set Test Options.