Discussions in Interact2 resemble an electronic bulletin board, where users post their messages when they have time.
Discussions can serve a range of purposes:
In the Discussion Board, a forum is a general topic for discussion. A thread is subordinate discussion within the forum.
It is recommended the discussion forum contains forums for specific purposes eg introductions, assessment, topic questions or general questions, to make it easy for students to find informaiton and ask questions.
1. On the main discussion board page click 'Create Forum'
2. On the Create Forum page add a name to describe the forum.
3. Add a description or forum instructions.
4. Set the availability option to Yes.
5. Select appropriate forum settings.
6. Click 'Submit'
1. Click on the down arrow and select Edit from the drop down menu.
2. Change name, description and options as required.
1 Access the forum by clicking on the forum name
2. Click on 'Create Thread'.
3. Enter a Subject name, a Message and attach files if required.
4. Save to Draft or click Submit.
1 Access the forum by clicking on the forum name.
2. Click on SUBSCRIBE.
If you subscribe to the forum you will receive an email notification when posts are made.
If you want to stop email notifications for the discussion thread, select UNSUBSCRIBE.