To Deliver high value research, education, training and extension to the Australian Wine Industry, and to provide leadership for the industry into the future.
The research capability of the NWGIC is unique in that we provide a continuum of research from the vine to wine, to sensory profile and consumer perception.
- source-sink interactions
- photosynthesis and water interactions
- rhizosphere and root functioning
Ecophysiology of berry ripening
- fruit growth and composition
- relationship of fruit with wine composition
Vine disease Management
- bunch rots
- trunk diseases
- soil health
- Wine chemistry
- Process engineering
- Sensory and consumer science