Complaints and grievances

We continually strive to improve the quality of services to students and our regional communities. If you believe we can do better and can give us some feedback, we invite you to submit a complaint so we can investigate and take action if required.

You can also report serious wrongdoing via a Public Interest Disclosure (whistleblowing).


If you are a student and you're concerned about the University's academic, administration or support services, you may make a complaint.

You can also report sexual assault or harassment and other student misconduct.


We encourage staff to resolve issues between themselves. However, a complaints process exists where this is not possible.

For people outside the University

If you’re an organisation or individual outside of Charles Sturt University and you wish to complain about a student or staff member you may do so.


If your concern relates to the conduct of research at the University, including the processes used to review and approve research proposals, please refer to the Research Integrity Unit.

ESOS Compliance

See our complaints handling process for overseas students to lodge a formal complaint if a matter cannot be resolved informally.

Option for external review

Should you wish to make a complaint about a final decision of Charles Sturt University, you may do so with the NSW Ombudsman. You can see the types of complaints handled by the NSW Ombudsman.